Settlement Stebliv memorial places
Levitskіy Stepan Petrovych (1791–1872) was a priest and grandfather of the prominent Ukrainian writer I.S. Nechuy-Levytskіy.
According to known data, he was a deacon of the Church of the Transfiguration in the village of Sydorivka. In 1830–1834 he held the position of prior of the Church of the Transfiguration in the settlement of Steblsv. He was married to the daughter of Vasyl Korkishko, a peasant from Stebliv, Euphrosyniya.
The grave is located next to the Church of the Transfiguration of the Russian Orthodox Church in Ukraine, built in 2015. The tombstone is preserved.
Since 1994, the grave of S.P. Levitskiy is a part of Korsun-Shevchenkivskiy State Historical and Cultural Preserve as a historical monument of local significance (decision of the Executive Committee of Cherkasy Regional Council № 23 of February 7, 1995).
Semen Stepanovych Levitskіy (1814–1872) was a priest, Ukrainian educator of the 19th century, and the father of the prominent Ukrainian writer I.S. Nechuy-Levytskiy.
In 1837 he graduated from the Kyiv Theological Seminary? the same year he married Anna Trezvynska from the family of a priest from the village of Zhuravka. Since 1839 he had been the prior of the Church of the Transfiguration in Stebliv, and since 1845 he had been a deacon of the 6th part of the Kaniv County denomination and a tRusstee. In 1852 he built a new church of the Transfiguration in Stebliv and founded a church-parish school, where he was a law teacher.
In 1866 at his own request he was transferred to Bila Tserkva as the rector of St. Mariya Magdalina church. In 1867 he returned to Stebliv because of illness. He had received numerous awards for his sincere service to the Lord God and diligent official duties.
The tomb of S.S. Levitskiy is located next to the Transfiguration Church of the Russn Orthodox Church in Ukraine, built in 2015. The tombstone is preserved.
Since 1994 the grave of S.S. Levitskiy is a part of Korsun-Shevchenkivskiy State Historical and Cultural Preserve as a historical monument of local significance (decision of the Executive Committee of Cherkasy Regional Council № 23 of February 7, 1995).
Golovinskiy House. It was built after 1778 in the settlement of Stebliv on the banks of the Borovytsya River, at its confluence with the Ros River, during the time of the settlement’s owner August Dobrohost Yablonovskiy. The house was used as an arsenal, where they hid saddles, cloth to cover the Cossacks in bad weather, weapons and gunpowder. In 1792–1812, the owner of Stebliv was Andriy Voronetskiy, under whom the purpose of the house did not change. In 1812, the settlement was bought by Onufriy Holovynskiy, a deputy of the Kyiv Main Court of Marshals of Kyiv County, who rebuilt the arsenal for his own apartment.
The house is brick, two-storied, rectangular in plan, with a hipped roof. On the east side there is a three-walled vestibule, to which steps leading to the second floor had been completed. In front of the house there was a garden.
In February 1825, on his way from St. Petersburg to Odessa, visiting the Golovinskiy, the рolish poet Adam Mickiewicz lived in the house for several days. There he wrote the poem “Traveller” and included it in the album of Herman Golovinsky’s wife Emiliya. In the poem “Lord Tadeusz” Adam Mickiewicz mentioned a linden tree on the Golovinskiy estate.
After H. Golovynskiy’s death, the house passed into the ownership of his daughter Anna, who sold it to Marshal of Kyiv Province, Marshal of Kaniv County Zenon Golovynskiy. In the second half of the XIX century the house belonged to the landowner Panshin, later to Lieberman, in the early twentieth century to – Talantov. In the 1920s and 1930s the building housed the departments of the Stebliv District Executive Committee, and after the Second World War – the dormitory of the machine-tractor station and the secondary school.
In 1983 a considerable part of the house burned down. In the 1980s and 1990s repair and restoration works were carried out, which were not completed. The house was planned for disposing Taras Shevchenko Museum. In 1994 it was included in the Korsun-Shevchenkivskiy State Historical and Cultural Preserve. The house is a typical example of garden and park buildings of the last quarter of the eighteenth century. Architectural monument of local significance (decision of the executive committee of the Cherkasy regional council of workers deputies № 544 of September 28, 1993). The general view of the house is depicted in a drawing by Napoleon Orda, 1880s.
In October 2016 unknown individuals set fire to the house, as a result of which it was significantly destroyed. The condition of the house is unsatisfactory and needs restoration.