“Pages of the history of Korsun-Shevchenkivska offensive operation”
The modern exposition of the Museum of the History of the Korsun-Shevchenkivska Battle covers the course of hostilities from two points of view: Soviet and German. More than 3,000 documents, photos, items of equipment and uniforms, weapons, etc. of both warring parties were used for this purpose. However, many museum objects are stored in the funds and used to create temporary exhibitions. Recently, the Museum created an exhibition “Pages of the history of Korsun-Shevchenkivska offensive operation” (from the stock collection of the Reserve). It vividly illustrates the sources of funding for Wehrmacht and SS troops.
The exhibition presents: a camera, a Doxa watch, a meat grinder, a spoon and a fork, a case for storing chlorine (used to disinfect water), found by the Red Army and locals in Khilki, Guta Selishchanska, Petrushki, Korsun -Shevchenkivsky.
The Wehrmacht soldier’s tunic, cloth helmet, leggings, and the uniform belt of an officer of the Imperial Labor Service came from the exhibition of trophy uniforms at the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Ukrainian SSR (Kyiv) in 1946.
The German flask and books were handed over by Martin Bogart, a citizen of the Kingdom of Belgium and a researcher of the history of the Second World War.
The shell casing from the FlaK 38 anti-aircraft gun, cartridges with a loading bar for the Mauser rifle, and a caterpillar track of the StuG III self-propelled artillery found at the battlefield came from members of the archeological search detachments Igor Musatenko and Olexander Nazarov.
The exhibition presents many photos and other interesting exhibits.
Organizer of the exhibition is Larysa Grebenichenko, junior researcher.
The exhibition will run until March 30.
We invite you to visit the Museum of the History of the Korsun-Shevchenkivska Battle.